IT Systems Engineer required for a 6 month contract (likely to extend) based in Sheffield.
Working inside of IR35 for a high profile NHS organisation within the Systems Delivery Team, you will work across two areas and be responsible for the delivery of tailored solutions supporting patient care and operation of the Trust
- Business Systems: including core clinical systems used Trust-wide through those supporting individual specialties, combined with administrative systems which support workflow and organisational functions such as HR and Finance.
- Infrastructure Technology: including virtualisation and storage platforms, core network software services, security, database, web, email, monitoring/alerting and disaster recovery services.
The majority of business systems are built upon core Microsoft technologies such as Windows Server, IIS and SQL Server although a wide range of additional technologies is also to be found.
- Maintain and update IT infrastructure services to ensure they remain reliable and fit for purpose.
- In line with programme requirements and to support the wider department:
- React to incidents and service requests assigned through Incident Management.
- Act as a technical escalation point when specific subject-matter expertise is required to handle incidents and undertake root cause analysis.
- Resolve incidents in line with agreed targets.
- Escalate incidents to third parties or other internal specialists when appropriate.
- Perform service requests to agreed and documented standards.
- Work closely with customers and other parties to define the scope of work and identify the IT and security considerations
- System Design
- Core infrastructure technologies of Windows Server, IIS and SQL Server
- Infrastructure technologies
- Application Development
This position is to start ASAP and will pay up to £205 per day Umbrella (inside of IR35)
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other