Job Title: Human Factors Engineer
12 month contract
£84.86 per hour
50/50 split Filton and remote
Overview of department:
To undertake a full range of Human Factors tasks across Weapon System conception, development and research activities.
Integration of Human Factors is critical to the development of safe, usable and effective Weapon Systems. The Human Factors department is responsible for ensuring that user capability is fully considered in the weapon system, from initial design through development and delivery to the customer.
We are looking for a highly capable, versatile and enthusiastic Human Factors Engineer to work within our HF team across a number of national and international projects and research activities.
- Conduct of Human Factors Integration through the development lifecycle providing progressive assurance to the customer as per Def Stan 00-251
- Analysis and assessment of the role of the operator within the weapon system considering weapon system planning, command and control
- Analysis of physical ergonomics and integration into workspaces
- User interface prototyping and design
- Definition of HF requirements and development and maintenance of lower level detailed specifications (e.g. for HMI/HCI)
- Conduct of User Experiments and Trials supporting system conception, development and verification taking into account operator workload and situational awareness
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF)
- Substantial & demonstrable understanding of the application of Human Factors Integration & Human Factors Engineering preferably in a Defence context:
- Application defence standards (00-251)
- Application of HF in the system lifecyle including (HFI, Task analysis, HCI specification, user trials and experimentation, physical ergonomics)
- Use of CAD software such as Jack
- Use of User Interface prototyping tools such as Axure
- Good understanding of Systems Engineering and disciplines that interact with Human Factors (Supportability, Training, Systems) including definition and verification of HF requirements.
- Good Understanding of the Military user community and ways of working
- MS Office, DOORS
- Ability to generate technical reports
- Good planning skills
- Customer focused
- Effective communication skills.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other