Planning Enforcement Officer Based in London and the salary is £12.78 ph PAYE
This is a full time temporary role.
Employer Reference: 5767
This role will involve:
- To investigate alleged breaches of planning control in line with relevant Town Planning Acts, legislation and Government guidance, and the client’s own policies and procedures (including adopted planning enforcement policy).
- To keep complainants, offenders, Councillors and other interested parties fully up to date at key stages of the planning enforcement process.
- To negotiate with those responsible for breaches of planning control to achieve a satisfactory resolution, where possible.
- To obtain relevant authorisation and serve statutory notices when necessary.
- To prepare and present evidence in relation to enforcement appeals.
- To prepare witness statements and proceed with prosecution when necessary.
Ideally candidates will have:
- A degree in planning or other appropriate professional qualification and a member of the RTPI or eligible for or working toward full membership.
- Clear understanding of IT systems generally including Microsoft Office, measuring software and planning database system and document management system
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services