Auditor needed in Barnsley £16.71ph PAYE - Reference: 0004 D761 / 1
This role will involve:
- Undertake and ensure that all audit activities are in accordance with the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards (PSIAS) and those prescribed within the Internal Audit Quality Procedures.
- Assist with the monitoring of assigned work to ensure the delivery of tasks are within the time allocated, to the necessary professional standards, and to the achievement of service objectives and performance measures.
- Liaise, negotiate and maintain effective levels of communication and liaison with executive level senior/chief officers and external review bodies across all client organisations in the delivery of work to assist them in meeting their corporate responsibilities in relation to controls, risk and governance.
- Undertake specific, ad hoc and urgent requests for audit involvement as directed by management including reviews of projects, programmes, systems and any advice required on matters of internal control, risk and governance.
- Prepare and present high quality and timely draft audit reports and report findings to a range of internal and external stakeholders including senior management (in all client organisations).
- Apply high levels of technical knowledge and expertise to undertake and assist in the full range of audit activities including reviews of major and complex regulations, policies, procedures, projects (e.g. procurement, IT, VfM), programmes, systems of the client and client organisations to identify improvements in control and operational effectiveness.
- Preparing detailed draft job planning briefs for a range of audit assignments in order to define the specific scope and audit objectives as agreed with the Audit Sponsor
Ideally candidates will have:
- NVQ 4 qualification in a relevant discipline
- Successful completion of Institute of Internal Auditors IACert qualification
- Comprehensive knowledge of the PSIAS, a wide range of audit techniques, practices, procedures and statutory regulations and their application within the public sector or general organisation environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of systems of internal control, risk management and governance processes and their application in a wide range of operational environments.
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Finance