Housing Options Officer needed in Bromley £15.40ph PAYE - Reference: 445417
This role will involve:
- To interview customers, to assess whether homelessness can be prevented in any way in a sensitive, customer focused way, which meets the needs of vulnerable customers whilst simultaneously managing expectations.
- To assess whether those who are threatened with homelessness qualify for private sector options, based on the likelihood of their meeting the criteria for the full housing duty, under the Housing Act, Part VII, as amended.
- To explain housing options clearly and lawfully to qualifying customers and to promote the idea, to interest as many customers as possible.
- To investigate homelessness applications undertaking necessary enquiries quickly and efficiently within 33 working days to determine eligibility, priority need, homelessness, intentional homelessness and local connection.
- To make detailed enquiries to outside agencies and authorities in order to verify and obtain further information about the above and to investigate the applicant’s statement to prevent fraud and protect public resources.
Ideally candidates will have a DBS check
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Property