KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Skills and Employability sectors.
Job Title: Functional Skills Tutor
Location: East Midlands - Must be flexible with travel across Chesterfield, Derby and Nottingham
Salary: up to £24,000 (depending on skills and experience)
Package includes: Excellent holiday entitlement, Business Mileage, Pension + much more
Type: Full time, Permanent
- Deliver Functional Skills Maths and English from Entry Level 1 - Level 2 on a 1:1 and group basis.
- Identify learner's strengths and weaknesses through initial assessment diagnostics and support them accordingly.
- Develop own learning materials and assessment plans.
- Prepare and develop innovative sessions, design and deliver group activities to achieve positive outcomes, embedding the learning, wherever possible, to make the sessions relevant.
- Provide support to learners with employability needs as and when required.
- Identify any barriers to learning and plan effective training based on individual learner needs.
- Provide progress feedback to learners and provide support to ensure they meet their set goal / target.
- Ensure each learner's progression is recorded efficiently.
- Must hold a recognised Teaching qualification at Level 3 or above (AET / PTLLS)
- Experience of delivering English and Maths Functional Skills to level 2.
- Experience of delivering training to groups.
- Must have experience of preparing session plans.
- A strong, working knowledge of the W2W sector.
- Enthusiastic individual who is able to make a real impact and make learning exciting
- Demonstrate confidence, tenacity and ability to work on own initiative.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education