Principal Auditor needed in Bootle paying £21.25 per hr PAYE Ref: 445188
This role is working full time hours on a temporary basis
- The Principal Auditor will assist the Audit Manager in the efficient planning, monitoring and control of all audit activity together with the supervision of staff within the Team.
- Deputise for the Audit Manager in his/her absence.
- To assist the Audit Manager in the preparation of Annual and Operational Audit Plans.
- The Principal Auditor is directly responsible to the Audit Manager for carrying out and completing within allocated timescales, a wide range of Audit activities undertaken by the Team including systems audit review, risk audit review, regularity, probity audits, ICT audits and value for money exercises / reviews. Directing or conducting audits of more complex or specialised audit work.
- As directed by the Audit Manager, to carry out fraud or other special investigations, and/or other adhoc exercises/projects.
- Be aware of and continually assess the risks arising from areas of audit review, advise Audit Manager and report to Departmental Managers as appropriate.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Qualified CCAB Accountant (preferably CPFA) or MIIA. Qualified CCAB Accountant (preferably CPFA) or MIIA.
- Other relevant professional qualification.
- Internal Audit experience at a senior level within a Local Authority, other public body or large organisation.
- Experience of planning, undertaking and completing a wide range of complex Internal Audit Assignments.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Finance