SOC Manager / Security Operations Manager - Cyber
Profectus are working with a leading Cyber Security Services organisation who work with clients across the UK & Internationally in seeking a remote based SOC Manager/ Security Operations Manager.
The Security Operations Centre provides around the clock protective monitoring solutions to a client base that spans multiple industry verticals. Using industry-leading detection technology and a team of experienced SOC team members work to provide assurance detection and incident response capabilities to organisations of all sizes.
The successful candidate will take the lead in the Security Operations Centre’s daily operations, leading and shaping a team of highly skilled analysts and SOC experts to deliver an industry-leading level of protective monitoring services to their customers.
- Recruit, Inspire and motivate a team of SOC Analysts that can add value to our customers and support the internal teams.
- You will be accountable, take ownership and be responsible for the SOC operations this will include day to day running and future improvements.
- You will also be responsible for the ongoing strategic roadmap, developing service improvements and also looking at future technologies.
- Subject Matter Expert: Have a passion for cyber security, bring current and evolving industry trends back into the business and proactively protect their customers.
- Provide clear, concise reporting around key KPI’s to their customers and internal teams.
- Support future growth by being the face of the SOC with both current and prospective customers.
- Maintain the CREST certification standards.
Skills and experience
- Minimum 5 years of working in a SOC with at least 1 year as manager, must be used to working with multiple external customers and managing commercial relationships.
- Extensive experience of working with a variety of the more popular SIEM tools.
- Create an efficient process using the latest technology, automation to deliver the most cost-effective and responsive service possible.
- Someone with a drive and passion for cyber security. Self-motivated to ensure that they are up to date with the latest trends, threats and development in the ever-changing cyber security world.
- A leader is confident with customer interactions, including face-to-face, web-ex and internal conversations. With excellent communication skills: written and verbal conversations with different stakeholders in a business, with an understanding of how to simplify cyber security for an inexperienced audience and to show clear specialism to an experienced audience.
- Someone who takes ownership of the project they are working on, with a positive attitude driving both themselves and the wider business to be better. A role model that can face a challenge and adapt to different scenarios.
- Provide service descriptions and technology roadmaps for further development of the SOC and its service offerings.
- Someone who is commercially aware and understands the wider business.
- Someone who can drive the Cyber strategy/road map, develop & Improve the processes and policies to ensure the SOC runs effectively.
- Someone who can design and deliver security team KPI’s and Metrics.
- Someone driven by self-improvement, gaining knowledge and focused on team improvement.
- Act as incident manager for major security incidents, taking the lead on SOC response and assuring the delivery of any SOC actions agreed on incident calls.
- Ensure severe / complex incidents are escalated on a timely basis.
The position is Remote / home based, however working from the office will be required especially when onboarding new staff, senior meetings or showcasing the SOC to potential clients.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
'A' level/Higher or equivalent