IPS Employment Specialist needed in Hackney £18.48 ph ref:445444
This role will involve:
- Manage a caseload of clients in structured treatment for substance use who are motivated to start/return to work; using the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) approach
- Meet and support clients to understand their key skills, aspirations and goals through completing a Vocational Profile and producing an Action Plan to help them obtain and sustain competitive employment. This includes support with their job search, CV production, application forms, interview techniques and career development.
- Assess client support needs related to work which may include benefits/welfare advice, disclosure of mental health symptoms etc, and provide support & guidance.
- Attend weekly clinical team meetings as an embedded IPS practitioner.
- Source job opportunities for clients through tailored job search and regular contact with local employers to explore hidden as well as advertised employment opportunities.
- Provide education and support to employers, as agreed with the individual, which may include negotiating adjustments, return to work strategy and on-going contact with the employer to ensure job retention.
- Build relationships with colleagues in clinical teams to engage and generate referrals and create collaborative working partnerships with clinical staff (promoting employment as a positive intervention in the recovery journey).
- Provide ongoing support (including job coaching) to individuals and employers to ensure jobs are maintained and individuals progress in employment; producing robust In work support plans
Ideally candidates will have:
- Knowledge of Individual Placement and Support Model
- Enhanced DBS check
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services