We are working with a company within the Medical Sector with a long-established culture of designing and manufacturing exceptionally high-quality innovative measurement and diagnostic instruments for the eye care industry.
As part of the materials team, you will be responsible for receipt of components and goods, delivery to the assembly lines, picking, kitting, and packing for despatch to customers. This role includes use of computers to maintain accurate records.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As an energetic, flexible team member you will work to maintain and improve a safe and effective warehouse environment through 5S, and logistics best practices; whilst carrying out the following responsibilities:
- Receipt of goods into the business and location of products using the computer stock management system
- Ensure timely supply of material to the production lines, liaising with purchasing and quality to highlight possible shortages, and maintaining stock accuracy through use of the stock management and Kanban systems
- Kitting and packing Keeler sets
- Pick and pack, and accurately label shipments for despatch to customers, using the use of the stock management system to execute transactions and locate stock
Profile characteristics and competencies:
- Highly customer focused – both internal and external, the output of this role will often be a customers first impression of the product.
- Logistics, picking and packing experience
- Computer literate with an understanding of material transactions
- A good level of numeracy and literacy skills with strong attention to detail.
- An organised approach as well as good accuracy and attention to detail
- A flexible can-do attitude, and an ability to multitask
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well as part of a team. This role will work closely to support many other teams within the business.
- Forklift licence desirable but not essential
- This is a physically active job, in which some functions require a significant amount of lifting boxes and manual handling
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities