Senior Supervisor – Goods In (Peterlee) – Up to £28,000!
I am delighted to be supporting my client on an exclusive basis for the appointment of a Senior Supervisor – Goods In.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-funded, international business, who really look after their staff.
The main duties of the Senior Supervisor will be to ensure that all goods which arrive in the factory are organised and controlled in accordance with company processes and best practice, with full and accurate records, including on the company’s ERP system (NAV)
- To be the primary point of contact and responsibility for goods arriving at the factory
- To ensure all goods into the factory are received according to company processes and best practice
- To ensure that physical movements in the factory are accurately recorded in the company’s ERP systems (NAV) and to ensure that all transactions in the ERP system are recorded accurately and efficiently
- To check all incoming deliveries against expected delivery schedule for accuracy and report any errors or omissions with particular attention to the following areas:
- Check quantity of materials delivered against relevant documentation (e.g., NAV –warehouse receipt, suppliers’ delivery note)
- Ensure any outstanding items are closed out appropriately.
- To be responsible for accurate stock take details provided for periodic stock takes as well as follow up on any queries to explain stock movements both physically and within company systems (e.g., NAV).
- Liaise with office colleagues to ensure records are updated in a timely manner
- Report any issues/defects or discrepancies in a timely manner to appropriate person/department, and work closely with the Quality department to assess any issues
- To implement and maintain a structured, efficient storage system for raw materials on site
- Be proficient in the operation of company systems (e.g., NAV - shipping and receiving)
- To ensure all operations receipting goods are conducted under AEO rules and that agreed procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure quality and service levels are maintained and suggest any improvement/efficiencies
- Assist with development of employee skills regarding smooth transition of goods in and out
- Always adhere to all HSEQ protocol and safe working practices
- Promote harmonious working relationships between internal and external stakeholders
- Any other projects as set by the Purchasing Manager
- Ad-hoc reporting
The ideal candidate…
- Experience managing all aspects of goods-in.
- Excellent understanding of the processes they are responsible for
- Leading by example to gain the respect, co-operation, and support of colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience of ERP systems (preferably NAV)
- Willingness to learn and promote efficient working
- A calm manner and the ability to work under pressure
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Management
- Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing
Less than 1 year
Secondary School or equivalent