- Lead a delivery team responsible for delivery of the water/fire resilience project to time, cost and quality.
- Financial performance of the project
- Effective management of the construction programme
- Maximise project cash flow through accurate forecasting of payments and receipts.
- Control and management of contractors/sub-contractors/suppliers/designers.
- Liaison with main client as well as wider stakeholder engagement.
- Contract administration. Including acceptance of designs and programmes, issuing early warnings, certifying payments, and dealing with compensation events
- Budget forecasting.
- Regular reporting on project and programme performance.
- Monitor/ensure CDM compliance.
- Ensure the highest standards of Health & Safety management are adhered to throughout the project
- Qualified Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineer with water industry experience
- At least 5 years in a project management role with demonstrable leadership skills
- Ability to manage multiple workfaces
- Sound knowledge of NEC 3 EEC contract conditions.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Full project life cycle experience.
- Ability to communicate at all levels to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Strong understanding of water infrastructure including experience of mains laying civils projects
- Management of Health & Safety experience
- Clean Driving licence
- Meet security clearance requirements - which include UK resident for last 5 years.
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Leadership qualities.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Target driven.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently.
- Comfortable managing commercial disputes and contractual negotiations
- Health & Safety qualifications
- Experience working in construction contracts as Employer/Client.
- Experience with MOD.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other