Treasury Accountant - 9 month contract - Glascoed, South Wales - £21.30ph UMB or £16.83ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
This role will require you to hold or be eligible to obtain Security Clearance (SC). You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check and you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
Business Operational Services is a business unit within BAE Systems Shared Services. It operates over 3 locations within the UK, providing services to BAE businesses both in the UK and Internationally. The role primarily covers foreign exchange management responsibilities such as Fx rate management, Fx forecast reviews and supporting the BAE Commercial teams through the bid to contract process. Another key element of this role will be involvement in the RPA initiative and continuous improvement, ensuring the team is always striving to deliver a stronger and more robust service to our customers. Governance is paramount to this role and adherence to the Operation Framework, FPM and all relevant accounting standards is essential.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Foreign Exchange Team to provide a first class service to all customers. As such they may be required to assist with the delivery of a range of treasury accounting activities. Tasks undertaken will vary from time to time to ensure the whole team experiences a broader range of activities and ERPs, at the same time ensuring that there is adequate cross-training within the team to deliver an excellent service provision and business continuity.
Your main responsibilities as a Treasury Accountant will involve:
- Daily Fx balancing (review)
- Database balancing
- Deal reconciliation
- FX rate management
- Timing difference reconciliation (review & posting)
- Business FX advice
- Balance sheet reconciliation support and advice
- KPI preparation
- Day 2 packs for analysis
- IAS 39 activities
- Identify areas for continuous improvement
- Support RPA initiative
- Bonds & Guarantees
- Export Insurance
- Audit support (Internal/External/FCF)
- Payment/cheque/bank mandate signatory responsibilities
- DCRD management
- Customer query resolution
- Qualified Accountant
- High degree of numeracy
- Ability to operate in an evolving environment
- Desire and ability to learn and develop new skills
- Ability to work as part of a busy team BAE SYSTEMS PROPRIETARY BAE SYSTEMS PROPRIETARY
- Ability to challenge
- Intermediate level Excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of adhering to strict deadlines
- Working knowledge of various BAE ERPs
- Experience of working in a customer service excellence environment
- Ability to support the Assistant Treasury Accountant
We are currently recruiting for multiple finance professionals at all different skill levels, so if you are interested in a role and would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other