My client are looking for someone to join their Engineering and Manufacturing teams who have gained a wealth of experience in both Naval & Land Systems from working on major Defence projects either for the UK Ministry of Defence or other Prime Contractors and Major System Integrators.
- To undertake in an efficient and cost-effective manner, activities described in the company's procedures for Design and Design Control.
- To undertake technical activities associated with the Electrical/Electronic design of the company's products.
- Ensure the company's Electrical/Electronic design and development objectives are achieved when contributing to product and project activities.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Electrical/Electronic design of the company's products in accordance with customer and legislative requirements and our internal procedures.
- Ensure the company's product design and development requirements are met in terms of quality (accuracy), programme (on time) and cost (within budget).
- Maintain the appropriate professional standards on projects and provide guidance and support to other Engineers and employees on all matters relating to Electrical/Electronic design, development, verification and manufacture to the relevant standards.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of relevant technology and practice with a particular emphasis on Electrical/Electronic Engineering including commercial and rugged equipment.
- Provide technical support to other departments on the design aspects of new business and provide the appropriate documentation when requested.
- Undertake concept design and sufficient detail design, and offer guidance thereon, as is necessary to support technical staff allocated to specific projects and product development.
- Provide or obtain estimated prime cost information to enable new tasks and projects to be priced and quoted.
- Management of all activities undertaken, reporting on the technical aspects and resource utilisation achieved.
- To report to management any comments or suggestions which may improve efficiency, safety and cost.
- Identify, justify and implement process improvements to ensure design procedures are cost effective and aligned to business / product requirements.
- To carry out any other duties that may be delegated by senior management being commensurate with the conduct of the company's business.
- Analytical and structured mindset
- Team player
- Self-motivated and driven
- Flexible and supportive approach
- Good organisation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- The ability to build rapport with peers and communicate with people at all level
Knowledge & Experience:
- 5 years relevant industry experience in Electrical/Electronic design.
- Working knowledge of Electrical/Electronic CAD software, MRP systems and MS Office
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other