Senior Electronic Hardware Design Engineer
To work within the hardware team to help deliver design building blocks that underpin a progressive technology led product roadmap.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must be Educated to degree level with either a BSc in Electrical or Electronic Engineering with 5 + years experience in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Should be able to demonstrate good knowledge and grounding in the following subjects:-
- System Design
- Digital Electronics:- Microprocessor design, CMOS logic design, PAL/EPLD design, DRAM, FLASH,EEPROM and PROM.
- Analogue Electronics:- Bipolar transistor and FET design, Operational amplifiers, Analogue to digital conversion, Digital to analogue conversion.
- Power Supply topology and design
- VHDL/FPGA/ASIC design (is advantageous but not essential)
- Good understanding and knowledge of RF design techniques.
- Should have basic knowledge and understanding of embedded software design (C and Assembler).
- A good working knowledge and understanding of EMC and appropriate design.
- Use of schematic capture and circuit simulation tools.
- PCB layout and good practices
- SM technologies and production / test processes
- Should be proficient in the use of a PC and be able to use Windows (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Access etc).
- To work closely within the hardware to help achieve defined goals
- Design and verification of electronic circuits.
- Testing and debugging of PCB's.
- Design and development of test fixtures.
- Component sourcing and procurement specification.
- Schematic / documentation control.
- Participate and prepare hardware technical specifications.
- Maintain an awareness for tools and technologies and recommend when necessary.
- Ensure all designs are compliant with ISO9000 policy documents.
- Test plan generation.
- Liaise with production to ensure designs are suitable for manufacture and test
- Maintain competitor awareness
- Willing to take on any reasonable task as part of an integrated team
- Willing to work additional hours when required
- Occasionally may be required to work off site
- Clean driving licence
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other