Ward Host needed in Southampton £8.91 ph PAYE - Reference:SHWH1
This role will involve:
- To ensure that patients are provided with appropriate meals, snacks and beverages at the agreed intervals throughout the day.
- Taking food orders using the tablet electronic ordering system (Saffron) at the agreed time for lunch and supper each day.
- Maintain bedside menus are in good condition and cleaned daily. To maintain the suite of special and therapeutic menus and present to patient who require them.
- To prepare hot / cold beverages including load appropriate trolley / equipment and ensure that all beverages are served at the correct temperature according to food hygiene regulations.
- Load regeneration ovens as necessary and monitor and record food temperatures.
- To ensure that at the end of every meal and beverage service that all cutlery, crockery and condiments are removed from the patient areas.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Standard DBS
- Good Basic Education including reading and writing skills
- Basic Health & Safety
- Working within a food service environment / catering industry
- Customer service skills including clear verbal communication
- Understand the importance of hygiene and safety and special diet awareness
- Previous care home experience
This is a part time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Part Time
- Industry Sector Health, Nursing