Collections Coordinator Based in London and the salary is £12.58 ph PAYE
This is a full time temporary role.
Employer Reference: 5186207
This role will involve:
- Maintaining accuracy and constantly improving standards in the preparation and update of Collection documentation: data cleansing, historical provenance research, conservation records, artist records and files for internal and external resources to improve and enrich
- Collection documentation of art works. Supporting financial and operational processing e.g. for conservation, storage and new Collection acquisitions
- Coordinating the annual Collection audit undertaking physical checks, updating records and escalating issues adhering to standard policy and procedure
- Assisting the Collection Manager with a review and rationalisation/centralisation of Collection documentation and the Visual Arts library, and the planning and coordination for any future Collection decant
- Working with the Collection Content Coordinator to increase access to the Collection through digital platform
Ideally candidates will have:
- Good knowledge of and interest in UK visual arts and museum sector
- Demonstrable experience in a visual arts or museum environment of museum documentation, collection care and the principles of conservation condition reports
- Demonstrable knowledge of SPECTRUM standards and workflow and application of best practice and accuracy in documentation policy, procedures and processes
- Demonstrable experience of using a collection management system with excellent software, organisational and data management skills and experience, with a range of packages including
- Microsoft Office applications and adhering to GDPR protocols
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Secretarial, PAs, Administration