Environmental Health Officer needed in Ystrad Mynach £18.53ph ref:5186198
This role will involve:
- Deliver and achieve the objects and targets as set out in Housing’s strategic plans as they relate to Private Sector Housing.
- Housing regulation and enforcement
- Inspection of residential premises to ensure legal compliance and determination of HHSRS as well as progressing requests for financial assistance such as grants and loans.
- Inspection of Houses in Multiple Occupation to ensure compliance with the client’s Houses in Multiple Occupation Risk Assessment Programme.
- Investigation of service requests and complaints, including those relating to statutory nuisance.
- Responding to requests for service promptly.
- Assisting in the delivery of financial assistance products in the form of all housing grants and loans on both an individual and area basis.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Qualified as an Environmental Health Officer.
- Registered with the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board.
- Hold a suitable HHSRS assessment qualification.
- Knowledge of housing legislation including HHSRS assessments and worked examples.
- Knowledge of housing legislation specific to HMOs and appropriate guidance including LACORS.
- Knowledge of energy efficiency measures in domestic dwellings.
- Knowledge of environmental health work, especially statutory nuisance and associated legislation.
- Knowledge of housing legislation relating to private sector empty homes issues.
- Full UK Category B (Cars) driving licence
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services