My Client is recruiting for a Water Treatment Technician
Representing the company as a Water Treatment Technician to execute the self-delivery of all Water Treatment services across the South of the UK.
Interpersonal skills will be key to gaining the trust and confidence of all Clients, effectively working with the Technical team supported by Schedulers and Contract Administrators to efficiently deliver Water Treatment Planned and remedial works utilising system tools.
As this is not extensive job description you may be required to perform other duties as directed by the management. Willing to work overtime is essential.
Responsibilities may include:
- Respond in a timely manner to verbal and written requests
- Coordinate quotations.
- Use preferred suppliers where possible
- Provide monthly reports if and when required
- First point of contact for customer complaints.
- Attend to client meetings and close down audit reports and actions.
- Review Engineering Job Sheets in timely manner for accuracy, legibility, procurement, (materials and quotations) problem solving,
- Report overtime for managers authorisation
- Assist Admin regarding closure of WIP in a timely manner
- Supervise material budget per contract
- Liaise with procurement for preferred supplier's sub-contractor.
- Efficient delivery of contracts and reduce overtime spend
- Support Helpdesk with allocating calls to the correct engineers for your sites
- Periodically review planners
- Ensure availability of resources for designated contracts
- Make and document any PPM changes / variations
- Review assets in timely manner ensuring accuracy
- Be available for out of hours call-out support for designated contracts
- Be able to cover sites during absence as directed by Technical Manager.
- Carryout remedial works in response to safety audits
- Carry out PPM service visits using appropriate tools and systems
- Ensure all site L8 logbooks where acting as the primary Technician are in date and accurate
- Comply with reasonable requests for information from SHEQ manager
- Ensue all engineers PPE is up to date and safe
- Ensure tool box talks are carried out
- Ensure all engineers are following risk assessments for all works
- Complete primary investigations for any alleged misconduct incidents involving Technical staff and report to Regional Manager
The responsibilities outlined are not intended to be exhaustive and other duties maybe required from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- City and Guilds or NVQ equivalent qualification for Mechanical discipline
- post qualification experience
- Up to date knowledge of technical regulations including Water Byelaws, L8 ACOP and Guidance
- Fault diagnosis and resolution
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage both customer and team expectations
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Demonstrate self-motivation
- Customer focused
- Work to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate within our business and our customers
- Ability to organise own work load
- Be computer literate
- Basic Microsoft Word, Excel
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other