The Project Controls team within the SDA (Submarine Delivery agency) are currently expanding our department onsite at our Industrial location in Derby and are looking for dynamic individuals to join the Cost Control team. Cost Control is a vital part of what we do, ensuring the delivery of significant projects to our customers, on budget and on time. You will be involved in supporting the delivery of various Submarine projects, ranging from estimating the next generation to the disposal of older submarines and everything in between. The successful candidate will be provided with opportunities that support a varied and diverse career including proactive involvement in multiple projects and continued professional development.
Occasional Travel and overnight stays would be required from the successful applicant.
Due to security requirements, you must be a sole UK National to apply.
* Deliver estimating products for high value projects by utilising a range of estimating tools, techniques and methodologies
* Deliver complex cost estimates using the mandated Cost Models independently
* Identify cost trends and insight at strategic level to support portfolio management activities, business change initiatives, and provide senior staff with intelligence and analysis to support decision making
* Analyse data from sources across SDA international partners and it's defence suppliers to support bench-marking and production of robust complex cost models
* Train and develop team members in estimating to aid cost estimating understanding amongst stakeholders
* Assist with the scoping of model requirements and provide SME modelling expertise including establishment and maintenance of relationships across stakeholder groups
* Communicate estimate and complex risk modelling data to key members of the project, programme and SDA leadership in a way that is easy to interpret and understand
* Influence Leadership within Project, SDA and Supply chain within the estimating technical field
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Experience generating complex estimates for projects
* Experience generating supporting documentation and artefacts such as the 'Basis of Estimate'
* Experience of assuring/ensuring quality of outputs
* Knowledge of analysis tools and techniques such as Excel
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other