If so, this could be the perfect position for you!
The Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) are currently recruiting for Cost Control Engineers based out of Derby. SDA are a highly specialised part of the Ministry of Defence; ensuring our UK military customers, including the Royal Navy, have the equipment and support they need to carry out their duties effectively. The SDA is responsible for the procurement, in service support and disposal of the UK's Nuclear Submarines and is of significant strategic importance, maintaining some of the most technically complex platforms and equipment in Defence.
As a Cost Control Engineer you will lead cost engineering investigations of contractors' bids for single-source contracts with the MoD. Undertaking often, high value, complex single source pricing investigations, you will ensure adherence with policy and managing output quality. Your involvment will be key reviewing all aspects of a contractors proposal, including reviews of costs provided by the supply chain. You will also provide the commercial teams with negotiation briefs and support the negotiation process.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your skills and experience in delivering successful outcomes in a varied environment, working on one-of-a-kind projects critical to UK Defence.
Occasional travel and overnight stays would be required from the successful applicant.
Due to security requirements, you must be a sole UK National to apply.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Review contractors' proposals and assesses them against the Single Source Regulations Office (SSRO) Guidance for Single Source Contracting
- Lead engagement with defence contractors, the customer and other SDA stakeholders
- Manage cost engineering investigations, guiding resourcing and planning
- Oversee the output quality of cost engineering reports
- Manages the analysis of bid data, guiding the investigation team in resolving deficiencies in the information provided
- Produce reports which summarise cost engineering investigations and provide guidance for negotiation
- Implement direction and guidance from output assurors
- Lead a team of cost engineers and provide mentoring and coaching to ensure continuous improvement
- To communicate complex project Cost Engineering data to key member of the projects, programme and SDA leadership in a simple and understandable way
- To communicate and influence team member and leadership within SDA Project and Supply chain within the Cost Engineering technical field
To apply for these positions you must have:
Hold a qualification in a STEM or Business subject or have equivalent relevant experience.Experience in the use of analytical tools and techniques, such as Excel.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other