Finance Manager (Financial Planning and Analysis) - BAE Systems - 6 Month Contract - Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria - £35.55ph PAYE or £44.99ph UMB or £40.51ph Limited Company (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Clearance Requirements & Eligibility
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC and you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss. British nationals Only can be considered for this role due to Security Clearence requirements.
Main responsibilities will involve:
Reporting to Head of Finance at Weapon Systems UK (WSUK)
Working with Execs and non-execs across the Weapon Systems UK business
* Monthly Management Reporting - Ensuring the forecast for all UK projects for key salients are understood, challenged and correctly reported
* Responsible for the integrity of the General Ledger and associated controls
* Production and management of the Weapon Systems (UK) Integrated Business Plan
* Cash Management - Liaison with Project Accountants and Financial Shared Services (FSS), with challenge, to ensure robust forecasts - weekly, monthly, annually.
* Cost Base - Working closely with Cost Centre heads/Budget Holders within the function to produce accurate and timely monthly management accounts and other reporting including Profit & Loss, Variance analysis, Headcount, Rates (MOD and DOD) and Risks & Opportunities
* Ensure robust financial controls are in place and managed in line with BAE Systems policies
* External Audit - Support the external audit to ensure compliance
Skills and qualifications will include:
· Fully qualified Charted Accountant with at least 3 years PQE
· Working knowledge of SAP/Hyperion is essential
· Previous experience of monthly reporting is essential
· Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills for data manipulation and presentation
· Understanding of Project Accounting and the impact on the financials is desirable
· Understanding of the MoD accounting processes is desirable
· Ability to ensure a culture of Safety focus exists within the team
What we're looking for in you:
You will be organised and proactive, able to manage multiple activities to achieve stretching deadlines. You will be able to work closely with a number of stakeholders, both finance and non-finance and at all levels of the organisation, and will be willing to challenge. You will be able to identify opportunities to improve processes and drive change.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other