Our client is a well established Lighting company and they are currently looking or a Mechanical Inspector to work on a nationwide basis but ideally based in the Bristol and surrounding area.
As a Mechanical Inspector you will be responsible for carrying out safety inspections at customer locations, including but not limited to theatres, entertainment venues and a wide variety of educational establishments.
You will be required to work on, maintain, inspect, and test the condition of static structures, mechanical (moving) structures, lifting equipment, lifting accessories, hoists and loose equipment as well as helping with other site activities as appropriate and required. These activities will be carried out in line with the requirements of all applicable Health & Safety legislation, PUWER and LOLER as appropriate, our in-house processes and any other relevant industry specific Codes of Practice as applicable
You will be required to:
- Work co-operatively with the Resourcing, Support, and management teams to ensure scheduling and other business or client requirements can be met effectively wherever possible
- Work at our customer and office locations carrying out thorough examination and testing work as required. This work will typically cover mechanical equipment and accessories across a range of assets such as: o Static Bars/Booms (lighting, speaker or other support bars) o Rope Systems (hemp, poly hemp etc) o Counterweight Systems o Manual and Powered Winch Systems o Chain Hoists and Blocks o Loose Equipment and Lifting Accessories
- Conduct all inspection and testing activities in accordance with applicable regulations, best practice and company processes, including but not limited to Health & Safety at Work Act (HSAW), Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations (MHSWR), Working at Height Regulations WAHR), Lifting Operations and Equipment Regulations (LOLER), Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER), Industry Body Approved Practices (e.g. LEEA, ABTT etc)
- Carry out other site activities as required, for example general assistance activities including but not limited to working with the electrical and/or service teams, erecting access equipment and helping with cleaning, PAT testing, preventative maintenance tasks, electrical inspections of equipment and systems
- Ensure a high standard of customer service is always provided to both external and internal clients
- Complete all post inspection documentation in a timely and accurate manner with particular attention to detail commensurate with the documents being the written record of your inspection and testing
- Assist with the Qualifying Supervisor or Second Signatory QA/QC checks for certificates from other inspectors as may be appropriate to your competences and the needs of the department
- Provide in person training, assistance and/or mentoring in your area of approved competencies to your colleagues or subcontractors as requested by your line management
- Assist other with technical design works or assessments in your area of approved competencies as requested by your line management
- Identify opportunities for remedial/small works as appropriate
- Assist with responses to requests for remedial works as required. This work may include, but not be limited to, conducting site surveys, developing estimates and quotations, issuing quotations to customers, processing orders and managing the safe and effective delivery of remedial works as well as carrying out and certificating the remedial works themselves either alone or as part of a team
- Meet all agreed delivery targets (KPI’s)
- Seek technical guidance from senior engineers and appropriately skilled managers as necessary
- Escalate any issues you are unable to or unsure how to resolve to your line management in a timely fashion
- Maintain flexibility and maturity in your approach to meeting business needs prioritizing effectively and seeking advice from management when necessary
- Assist in forecasting as required
- Promote and ensure working practices that align with good/best practice and our HSEQ policies
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude
- Attend and actively participate in required activities in a wide range of locations from customer sites, supplier’s premises
- All other tasks as reasonably required by your Line Management
You must hold relevant Mechanical qualifications and have experience of working within a similar position. A valid driving license is also required as a company van is supplied.
Please note this role is nationwide so you must be flexible to travel and occasional overnight stays.
For more information contact Nikki on 07951 950291 or send your CV to prompt a call back.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities