Ecologist – South/South-west (Remote)
Our clients are an established contractor working across the UK and specialise in Grounds maintenance/ landscaping. As part of their ongoing growth they are currently looking for an experienced Ecologist to join their growing team. The company pride themselves on being environmentally focused and have won multiple awards over the last few years – now is a great time to be joining them on their exciting journey!
The company have a well-established ecology team that is continuously growing and will be responsible for managing the vast scope of ecological requirements within the project portfolio. The successful candidate will be expected to deliver successful surveys, provide detailed technical reports, be on site providing support and guidance to clients, and also support the wider team on projects requirements.
The role will offer the opportunity to develop your career, as the team continues to expand there will be numerous options for internal progression and to work on a variety of projects. This will also include the chance to work towards other protected species licences and expand on what you already hold. You will be capable of communicating across all levels of the business and must be comfortable operating in a client facing capacity whilst following guidance from senior team members.
Successful applicants will meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 2years commercial experience as an ecologist must hold at least 1 protected species licence (we are open on which one(s) you hold).
- Must have minimum Associate level CIEEM membership.
- Ideally have Personal Track Safety (PTS) accreditation – if not then we can sponsor you to take the necessary training.
- Be capable of undertaking surveys, producing technical reports and supporting teams on project sites.
- You should have detailed knowledge of relevant UK/EU environmental legislation and confidence in discussing these with clients.
- Hold a full and clean UK driving licence.
- This position is remote based/ working from home – site visits will be across the South/ South-west so the successful candidate will ideally be located within these regions.
- Any previous experience within Rail projects would be great to see but we won’t exclude candidates who don’t have this experience.
Expected salary of £30-32k (dependant on experience) with excellent benefits package that includes a company vehicle, bonus and long list of further benefits! This company are focused on continuous growth and therefore want candidates who are looking to build long-term successful careers. Apply today for further information!
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
+ Company vehicle + Bonus
- Industry Sector Construction
HND/HNC or equivalent