Licensing Enforcement Officer Based in Barnstaple and the salary is £15.83ph PAYE
This is a part time (22hrs) temporary role.
Employer Reference: 5186325
This role will involve:
- Conduct re-active and pro-active interventions, for example the provision of advice, inspections, investigations, audits, surveillance and other monitoring/survey activity, in relation to the licensed and unlicensed community
- Manage a busy and varied reactive workload of complaints from members of the public, and other stakeholders in respect of individuals or businesses who may or may not hold a licence, registration, notice or permit.
- Effectively regulate within the confines of relevant legislation, case law and client Policy. To undertake thorough and robust investigations in line with PACE requirements.
- Attend Court, for example in respect of warrants, prosecutions and appeals.
- Support the processing, determination and issue of licences, permits etc., within tight statutory deadlines.
Ideally candidates will have:
- The post holder will have an up to date knowledge of relevant licensing legislation and guidance. They will possess the BIIAB Level 2 Award for Licensing Practitioners (in Alcohol and Gambling) or equivalent, and relevant training in respect of animal welfare licensing (e.g. zoos, riding establishments, dog breeders)
- Membership of the Institute of Licensing or another appropriate institution (e.g. Chartered Institute of Environmental Health).
- Technical and legal knowledge across licensing functions, including the Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005, hackney carriage and private hire and animal welfare in order to regulate effectively.
- Knowledge of the principles of enforcement and experience in an enforcement role.
- Comprehensive understanding of PACE and how it is applied in Local Government
- Knowledge of M3 and Lalpac
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Part Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services