Our work is of unparalleled strategic importance nationally and internationally, ensuring the security of the UK's continuous at-sea nuclear deterrent, and delivering the most technically complex programmes in Defence. We employ over 2000 people and have an annual spend of c. £3.5 billion.
We are looking for an Engineer for a complex and challenging role working at a national scale, supporting and delivering one of the UK's largest and most important engineering projects. Do you want to be part of this diverse multi-disciplined team, playing a key role in facilitating the security of the UK? This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a strong interest, and experience in Systems Engineering.
You will join our team as the requirements link between BAE Systems and the Dreadnought team. In the role, you will look after stakeholder management, assisting and assuring coordination of acceptance activities, and reporting to various forums for changes in support of the Dreadnought submarine.
In this role, you will utilise your developing systems engineering skills to provide advice, assisting with the definition of technical requirements, supporting the development of the verification and validation requirements matrix, and ensuring compliance with customer requirements. In return, SDA offer specialist training, and are committed to supporting the development of your career and helping you grow your subject matter expertise to develop Systems Engineering understanding.
Due to the nature of security, this role is reserved for sole UK Nationals only.
This role can be based in BAE Barrow or MoD Abbey Wood, Bristol
If based at Barrow, this role offers successful applicants the following:
External Applicants: First Appointment Expenses up to a limit of £8,000
Internal Applicants: Internal Applicants will be eligible for full relocation expenses
The responsibilities of these posts will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Managing engineering technical requirements (definition, architecture, integration, contract assessment, management, and change)
* Producing or contributing to Engineering plans integrated across a complex programme of work
* Collecting, collating, and evaluating technical data, reviewing technical equipment and systems
* Ensuring that all activities are delivered on time
* To support the BAES project meetings, as well as meetings with other suppliers as needed
* Making recommendations and improvements using your engineering problem solving skills
* Contributing to effective technical management of tasks for which you are responsible e.g. reporting against programme targets and schedules
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Experience of providing technical advice and delivery of successful engineering outcomes
* Broad technical experience in your discipline or specialist area in a variety of contexts
* Relevant Level 4 Qualification (e.g. HNC) in an Engineering or Science discipline, or able to demonstrate the equivalent skills and experience
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Cross engineering discipline experience
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Technical Requirements, Evaluation and Acceptance - Supervised Practitioner
* Technical Decision Making - Supervised Practitioner
* Communicating and influencing
* Seeing the big picture
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between 26.6% and 30.3% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more. Find out more about SDA by clicking here.
Whilst you will be based out of the listed location, SDA promotes Smarter working, which provides flexibility over where work is carried out whilst ensuring organisational outcomes are delivered effectively and efficiently. We adopt an 'attend for a purpose' approach in relation to visits to site.
Please refer to the Civil Service Pensions Retirement Modeller to get an indication of the benefits you may receive from your Civil Service Pension, when you come to retire.
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage and welcome applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and a working environment free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other