An excellent opportunity to join an organisation that makes a difference!
Joining a well established PMO team and with direct line of sight to the Head of Department, this role joins a team of 3 Project Managers delivering small to medium IT projects, typically new systems, services and upgrades across the global IT portfolio.
Key responsibilities and experience:
- Proven experience Project managing small/medium size projects (budgets £50k-£500k)
- Establish appropriate project controls, including
- Risk & Issues Management
- Change Control to reduce and mitigate scope creep
- Budget forecasting
- Resource/Task reviews
- Monthly or Weekly Status reporting as appropriate
- Ensure clear responsibilities for both IT & Business Resources are agreed and understood
- Oversee projects risk to minimise risk and exposure on projects and programs of change.
- Negotiate internal staff resources required to complete projects from inception to completion.
- Carry out formal project closure, including lessons learned
- Review issues and propose and agree solutions with project team.
- Identify and review possible obstacles to the successful adoption of any new or enhanced service.
This is a typically visible IT Project Manager job role that will see you required to engage and manage stakeholders of varying levels of seniority and IT knowledge, both internal and external. You will need to demonstrate sound communication skills and be experienced providing regular status updates/reviews to ensure objectives and delivery remain on track.
You will have experience of Prince2 methodology and a track record of delivering systems to the satisfaction of business owners.
Essential is being experienced in full project lifecycle for application development: requirements gathering and analysis, solution design and realisation, testing and implementation.
On offer is a great working environment, with high energy and appetite for change, joining an established team that will aid a smooth introduction to the role and business.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other