Senior Java Developer - Digital
Be part of something exciting!
As a Java developer you will undertake development activities in TDD, BDD and Scrum, or other Agile practices. You will be responsible for coding, building, testing and maintenance of software systems, and subject to experience coaching other more junior developers.
You’ll need to have commercial Java development experience ideally with experience of modern source code management approaches and software development using open source technologies. A key element for these roles, being in an agile environment working closely with the clients, will be your communication skills you need to be technically sound but also be able to convey your knowledge and expertise to clients internally and externally. The company encourage all of their team to look up their skill knowledge through both internal and external training. In terms of specific languages you should have commercial experience in some or all of the following:
Any knowledge/experience of the following would also be advantageous but is not essential;
• Front End UI experience
• Experience of SOA, middleware and microservices
• Experience of application servers and/or serverless technologies
• Experience of Big Data analytics and infrastructure
• Experience of development and deployment in a cloud containerised environment
• Experience of Continuous Integration and Delivery
• Participation in an Open Source community project
• Advanced knowledge of Spring framework
Salary would range from £50-90,000 p/a depending on skills, knowledge and experience. Possible relocation package paid for the right candidate
Please contact PLR with your CV and covering letter which would include your required salary, notice period, nationality and preferred location to be considered for the position.