What you will be doing…
Your primary role will be to assemble, test and pack products in manufacturing. The role will also include scheduling and production support activities in the manufacturing area as well as the provision of technician support on a project basis.
Assembly/Test: assemble and test product in the manufacturing area to manufacturing processes and drawings in a timely manner and to a high level of attention to detail.
Packing: pack products and accessories in accordance with company and project requirements in preparation for despatch to the UK/Worldwide locations.
Scheduling: assist with the scheduling of materials and work using the MRP system through the manufacturing area to support the Manufacturing, Materials and Quality teams.
Problem solving: identify any problems during manufacture, potential solutions and attempt to troubleshoot in collaboration with the Manufacturing/Quality team.
Technician support: provide technician support to the wider business on a project basis including the use of inspection equipment.
What we are looking for…
- HND or equivalent in mechanical, manufacturing engineering or similar technical qualifications
- High level of "attention to detail" and adherence to process
- Experience in a complex electro-mechanical assembly environment
- Cable manufacture experience preferential
- Experience of using ERP/MRP systems
- Analytical problem-solving ability
- "Hands on" approach to solving problems in a calm and effective manner
- Ability to work in partnership to achieve results and consider wider business implications
- Ability to gather information from multiple database sources, to analyse and present conclusions.
- Ability to work without supervision and exhibit initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to demonstrate good written and oral communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and target driven with a 'Can Do' attitude
- Experience of implementing Lean and other modern manufacturing methods and practices
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other