What we are looking for…
- Run daily stand up meeting
- Ensure all staff are operating in line with work to lists/schedules/backlogs
- Assist where required in capacity planning
- Actively manage output issues during holidays, sickness and unexpected delays to utilise people effectively. Identify risks and opportunities to Production Management
- Ensure that production documentation and instructions are correctly recorded and kept up to date
- Record/interpret output versus schedule. Take actions, provide feedback, or seek advice
- Actively manage quality issues
- Organise and motivate team members, to consistently deliver required KPIs.
- Carry out informal discussions with employees in relation to performance, conduct, or attendance.
Health and Safety:
- Ensure that Health and Safety protocols are written, maintained, and followed
- Actively seek and report non-conformances to site procedures and safe working practices. If required, assist in the implementation of corrective/preventative actions within a timely manner.
- Ensure that 5S audits for your area are conducted regularly and any issues raised are discussed with the Production manager and that any corrective/preventive actions are completed within a timely manner.
- To assist where required with evaluating risk assessments and ensure that any corrective/preventive actions are completed within a timely manner.
- Report defective, missing, or damaged equipment, especially equipment provided for personal safety, either for repair or replacement. Ensure defective/damaged equipment is taken out of production use.
- Assist where required in Incident Investigation and ensure that resulting corrective/preventative actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure staff are following manufacturing procedures/quality procedures
- Be proactive in continuous improvements
- Be involved in creating and maintaining standard operating procedures
- Identify and implement opportunities to reduce costs.
What we are looking for…
- Considerable knowledge of working in a technical environment within a high-tech engineering/manufacturing company
- Experience of leading small group activities to drive improvement ideas
- Experience of assisting and developing (multi-skilled) people
- Significant time spent in a precision assembly environment
- Appreciation of precision mechanisms and their mechanical and electrical content
- Extensive knowledge of product specifications and production standards.
- Able to read & understand engineering drawings
- Exceptional organizational and time management abilities, problem-solving skills and leadership skills.
- Ideally familiar with full range of mechanical engineering materials, finishes and tolerances
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other