The selected candidates will have a good all-round background within manufacturing engineering, composite and / or assembly processes preferred. Experience of using / implementing Lean Sigma and Quality tools also required.
Aerospace experience is an advantage but other relatable industries will also be considered.
The ME's will be required to communicate opportunities and work within the operational, quality and design teams to develop the most efficient ways to use people, parts and tooling, highlighting areas that can be improved and working with the operations team to implement these changes by creating
action & timing plans that can be used to measure the implementation progress.
Familiar / Knowledge of the majority of the following:
- DATA management (drawings, master layouts, batch cards).
- CatiaV5/6 & PLM.
- Production support.
- Project planning.
- Investigate potential manufacturing processes / technologies for modifications to existing composites & assemblies manufacturing activities..
- To define / optimise the manufacturing processes, based on the correct balance of cost, quality, lead time, manufacturability, safety and performance.
- Produce cost justification for potential investment.
- SAP Skills.
- Produce item masters, routes, production bills of materials, master layouts, tooling requests, COS & ECR's.
- Produce cost estimates / standard times for manufacturing processes.
- Develop and implement product inspection plans (ICY & process capability / SPC).
- Prove the capability of the manufacturing process using the PPAP process and to maintain the PPAP file for any subsequent changes.
- Risk management using PFMEA.
- To provide structured problem solving (8D) support to manufacturing areas and to resolve any identified manufacturing process issues.
- To support the dispositioning of manufacturing non-conformances and the definition of any associated repair solutions.
- To complete manufacturing process related corrective actions resulting from manufacturing non-conformances.
- To work rigorously to the site's group procedures.
- Contribute to HSE & ergonomic conformity throughout the assembly lines & site.
This role will be offered on a 12 month contract
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other