The role of Site Supervisor involves putting operatives to work safely and ensuring that all operational elements are delivered in accordance with the relevant standards and strategies and policies of the service and Council within the Hertfordshire area. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will be necessary to ensure that all matters are dealt with in a courteous and helpful manner and customers are made fully aware of the services and standards the Council.
Duties and Responsibilities of Site Supervisor:
- Ensure programmes are delivered to key milestones across the contract
- Provide design guidance to other teams
- Monitor delivery to ensure work is carried out in accordance with business policies and procedures.
- Ability to self manage priorities and workload using agile/mobile working across the County
- Produce daily quality control reports
- Communicate daily with the Technical Support staff in the team
- The day to day supervision of both self-delivery and SCP gangs to ensure that works are carried out safely and to the highest standard.
- The delivery of daily briefings (5 minute brief) to operatives
- Monitoring the performance and productivity of all gangs, identifying areas for improvement and taking action where required
- Working with the area programmer to ensure that all works are delivered within the required timescales and completed right first time.
- Complete walk, talk and build for programmed works, identifying risks that ensure the safe and efficient delivery of works in accordance with the business plan.
- The deliveries of regular Toolbox Talks to all gangs, and maintain records, to ensure operatives are aware of health and safety policies, procedures, risk assessments and method statement.
- Carrying out site inductions.
- Completing regular site safety audits to ensure compliance with policy and procedures
- Completing regular quality audits ensuring works are raised, ordered and completed to the required quality standard set out by the service and council
- Identifying the requirements for materials, plant and equipment and complete order requisitions.
- Identification, recording and prompt communication of site changes/ potential compensation events to the Project Manager / Commercial Team for approval
- Undertake completion inspections to help verify satisfactory completion of site work
- To ensure accurate drawings and communications of "As Built" information for production of "As Built" drawings and recording of asset location
- Must have experience with Highways maintenance
- Appropriate knowledge and application of Health and Safety Legislation including CDM Regulations.
- CSCS holder
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other