Being one of the main arteries into London, the A40 Westway Flyover is a predominant section of Transport for London's infrastructure. The current project entails the removal and replacement of a structural roller/plate joint. The operation is complex and requires a diverse team of both Structural engineers and Highway engineers. Our client are looking for an experienced engineer to support the existing team.
You will be joining an existing small team where everyone has several project roles.
As the project progresses you will have the opportunity to shape the role depending on individual capabilities and desired development.
The Project is live at Concept Design stage with an anticipated onsite start late Summer '21. Completion of this package is programmed for Summer 2022, although it is expected that additional works will be instructed. On-site works are predominantly 24/7 and the candidate must be prepared to work both weekends and nights on a shift pattern.
Key Responsibilities at Concept Design stage … Support Engineering Manager to engage with specialist Subcontractors, develop the logistics, construction methodology, temporary works and spatial requirements. Compilation and production of written reports, formatting of documents and presentations to professionally present the teams output to the Client. Manage the control of the Construction issue drawings and sketches produced for reports etc. Stakeholder engagement - work with Community Relations Mgr to obtain necessary access and consents. Be a Temporary Works Supervisor. Compile RAMS from Subcontractor's / Produce RAMS - ensuring they are adequate and that they are reviewed and approved. Support Team to provide site supervision when needed and carry out induction/briefing prior to the works starting. This will involve some occasional weekend / night shifts.
· Supervise site works to ensure the highest standards of health and safety.
· Ensure Material Approval and Inspection Plan are in place prior to works commencing and that they are adhered to.
· In conjunction with the discipline Supervisor, ensure that plant, labour and materials for each item of work are identified and available in good time
· Identify any Non-Conformances and bring these to the attention of the project team.
· Maintain program and identify risks and opportunities.
· Record resources and monitor outputs against program and budget.
· Understanding of Engineering Principles and extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices
· Professional Engineering qualification (I.Eng, C.Eng) advantageous.
· Civil Engineering related qualification (HNC, HND, BSc MSc, BEng, MEng)
· Practical experience delivering complex structures/roadworks at Site Engineer level
· High standard of written and spoken English
· Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Site Management Safety Training Scheme SMSTS
· Relevant CSCS Card
· First Aid at Work Qualification
· Awareness of Behavioural Safety desirable
· Other relevant training (e.g. Appointed Person lifting operations training, fire marshal, CAT & Genny)
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other