One of the UK's leading project management and commercial consultancies, who are rapidly expanding due to the continued success in securing work, seeks to employ two Quantity Surveyors with experience of working on Rail projects to join their team. This will be a mixture of working from home and in the office based in Swindon.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an employee focused business who are renowned for offering an autonomous, supportive and rewarding working experience for their staff. This is accompanied with excellent career development opportunities as the business is growing quickly due the continued demand in the services from their clients. This is due to their innovative, transparent solutions they provide to their clients and want talent who have an entrepreneurial and "outside the box" mindset to join the company.
In this role you will work with our key rail client base, with the opportunity to provide the full range commercial support services, from cost planning, procurement, post-contract management through to project closeout, on projects ranging from £250k up to and including £100m+.
You will work as part of our commercial service group, supporting our clients to ensure project cost and contractual compliance is delivered. You may have Assistant Commercial Manager colleagues to supervise/manage.
Other duties will include:
* Proactively supporting our clients programme and project teams to ensure alignment with corporate governance.
* Monitoring, managing and reporting on all commercial aspects of allocated projects, flagging issues and proposing mitigation actions at the earliest opportunity to Project Manager, Programme Commercial Manager and/or Senior Commercial Manager.
* Monitoring and recording all site/project-based activities in order to collaboratively influence decision making from a commercial perspective.
* Attending all progress meetings to actively influence commercial behaviours, delivery and activity. * Managing the assessment and valuation of supply chain applications, processing payments and certification in accordance with the contractual terms and conditions.
* Providing pro-active advice on all project and programme related change, including full capture of revised scope and recommending appropriate action. Production of all necessary documentation for approval in accordance with levels of delegated authority.
* Identifying and advising on all commercial risk/claim events.
* Providing ad-hoc management information and analysis to promote informed decision- making.
* Producing commercial correspondence and contractual notices for issue in accordance with contractual conditions.
* Undertake and supporting project final account negotiation through to formal closeout in accordance with corporate governance.
* Supporting demonstration of efficiencies, continual improvement, and commercial industry best practice.
* Providing support to estimating resources, offering guidance and advice on project scale/scope as required.
* Full participate in the associated quantitative cost risk assessment (QCRA), value management and value engineering workshops, as required.
To be consider for this role we are looking for candidates who want to make a difference, be creative and push the boundaries for clients. You will ideally have a degree in a Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management subject accompanied with experience of working in the UK rail industry (Network Rail, London Underground etc). You will also have a strong understanding of contracts such as NEC, ICC or JCT.
In return you will be offered a salary of between £45,000 - £55,000 accompanied with an attractive benefits package.
To apply is easy, contact Oli for more info or just simply apply online
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other