Health and Safety Compliance Manager needed in Harrow £23.13 ph PAYE - Reference: HAR-010661
This role will involve:
- As a member of the Housing Regeneration Team, contribute towards achievement of the services aims and objectives is contained in the Housing Ambition Plan.
- To act as lead officer in the management of asbestos surveys and subsequent action plans in line with current asbestos regulations and the department’s Asbestos Strategy and plan, providing professional and technical advice where required for 6,000 dwellings.
- To act as ‘responsible person’ and co-ordinate fire risk assessments, remedial work and general fire safety risk management advice in social housing stock for over 400 blocks of flats and 10,000 plus residents.
- To offer technical Health and Safety advice and contribute towards the development of Health and Safety policy and procedures. To ensure Health and Safety technical documentation is kept up to date with changes in legislation.
- To ensure that all repairs commissioned by contractors are carried out in a professional and efficient manner, ensuring that works are carried out within the agreed constraints of time, budget, quality and performance and in compliance with statutory legislation, building regulations, health and safety policies and financial regulations.
- The management of asbestos and health and safety risk assessment information throughout the housing property portfolio, comprising over 6000 dwellings, sheltered housing schemes, and communal areas. Ensure that health and safety risk assessment standards are met throughout the housing portfolio.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Nebosh General Certificate/Diploma in Health and Safety or equivalent qualification.
- Chartered Member of IOSH/CIEH or working towards Chartered status
- Knowledge of the issues involved in providing technical client advice for the management of asbestos surveys and its removal.
- Knowledge of building legislation, health and safety regulations, specialising in either asbestos, legionella or fire risk.
This is a Full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services