Waste Prevention and Inspection Officer Based in Birmingham and the salary is £9.30 ph PAYE
This is a full time temporary role.
This role will involve:
- To increase the participation rate in domestic and trade re-use and recycling schemes by the provision of information, education campaigns and to work with residents, traders, schools and other organisations to promote waste prevention and increase reuse, recycling and composting.
- To deliver a targeted inspection programme across Birmingham to ensure that Birmingham businesses are complying with the statutory provisions relating to the disposal of trade waste. To ensure that instances of non-compliance are immediately dealt with through the provision of advice and assistance, or to initiate legal action where there is continued non-compliance.
- To undertake an inspection programme across Birmingham that will objectively assess standards of service delivery, compliance with Health and Safety legislation across all service delivery areas.
- To deliver a targeted inspection programme to ensure that the City’s Household Recycling Centres are used in accordance with statutory, contractual and policy requirements. To carry out inspections of assets as directed, such as litterbins, containers, recycling banks etc and reporting accordingly
- To deliver targeted / responsive actions and campaigns that ensure compliance with the provisions of the Environmental Protection Act and other relevant legislation associated with maintaining the cleanliness of the built environment. To ensure that instances of non-compliance are immediately dealt with through the provision of advice and assistance, or to initiate legal action where there is continued non-compliance
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services