Platform Specialist Based in Harrow and the salary is £24.94 ph PAYE
This is a full time temporary role.
Employer Reference: HAR-010663
This role will involve:
- The Platform Specialist role is to ensure the day to day running of the production servers, operating system, cloud environments, Office 365 collaboration applications, SAAS applications, client’s network, backups and internet security infrastructure while ensuring high levels of systems availability.
- The post holder will act as a subject matter expert in their expertise area and provide advice to other ICT team members, participate in technology strategic activities, help in formulating technology roadmaps and create a good governance structure to ensure investment on technologies are fully utilised.
- Manage the Technical Support team on a day to day basis (including agency and contract staff), task allocation, resource planning and monitoring staff work by providing technical advice and mentoring. The post holder is also expected to ensure that the calls escalation from other ICT Support Teams are handled in a professional manner by ensuring end users are kept up to date on the progress of the call and the call is completed in a prompt and efficient manner.
- This post holder will have an influence over £4m on day to day operational contracts and another £4m over Capital projects. This sum may vary over time depending on the transformation agenda of the client.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Familiar with IT industry standards, ITIL, ISO, IEC, etc and the principles embedded within them.
- Team Leading experience including managing teams workload
- Budget preparation experience and cost control
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to inspire confidence in client teams and provide an efficient and client centred interface.
- In-depth of understanding, a subject matter expert of Office 365, Windows Servicer Technologies, Exchange Online, Active Directory (AD), Azure AD,
- Basic understanding of firewall and layer 3 networking.
- Production experience (circa 2000 plus users) in managing SCCM, InTune, EndPoint Manager and other end user device management technologies.
- Basic SharePoint development skills and experience in promoting Microsoft user collaboration tools within an organisation.
- Educated to Degree-Level (or equivalent) in a technical subject
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Secretarial, PAs, Administration