We are looking for experienced transport and infrastructure project managers who can contribute to masterplanning, town centre regeneration, bid writing, project planning and delivery. Ideally you will have gained this experience as part of large-scale regeneration programmes and will have experience working with major developers and funders. We want individuals who are flexible, organised, and enjoy working at pace, and who are keen to work as part of an ambitious team.
1. To work as part of the Strategic Transport Team to support the development and delivery of the transport pipeline. This can include master-planning, town centre regeneration, housing growth, transport pipeline development, business case development and capital project delivery. This includes work with central Government and the Liverpool city region.
2. To work with major developers, consultants and partners to ensure transport projects are of a high quality in their design, delivery and impact as a key element in enabling the regeneration programme to be delivered.
3. Working as part of the Strategic Transport Team to contribute to the design of the regeneration programme, including identifying opportunities for transport projects and funding.
4. To support multi-disciplinary programme and project teams to ensure strategic transport enables regeneration activity, is planned, joined-up and being delivered to agreed timescales.
5. To work with the Highways department, consultants and the Liverpool City Region to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget and conditions of any funding agreements are met.
6. To manage programme risks and issues and use programme governance to ensure these issues are managed and resolved so that delivery is maintained.
7. Work with the communications team to develop communication and engagement plans for regeneration activity and projects, which contribute to the overall growth narrative for Wirral.
8. Ensure strategic transport activity is monitored, reported and evaluated so that we can promote progress and use learning to shape future delivery.
9. To liaise with relevant departments to support the delivery of programmes and activity, in particular highways, design, communications, assets and legal. Requirements * Experience in managing significant transport projects from design through to delivery
* Experience working as part of a team delivering large-scale regeneration programmes with major transport and infrastructure programmes
* Experience of preparing business cases and external funding bids for transport projects
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be self-sufficient in work planning and management
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other