Assistant Treasury Accountant - 9 month contract - Glascoed - £15.82ph UMB or £12.50ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
This role requires you to obtain a Criminal Record Check along with reference checks before starting.
Business Operational Services is a business unit within BAE Systems Shared Services. It operates over 3 locations within the UK, providing services to BAE businesses both in the UK and Internationally. The role covers back office responsibilities such as foreign exchange management, self-assurance activities and looking after cash settlements, they will also be the providing daily support to the Treasury Accountants. Another key element of this role will be involvement in the RPA initiative and continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Foreign Exchange Team to provide a first class service to all customers. As such they may be required to assist with the delivery of a range of treasury accounting activities. Tasks undertaken will vary from time to time to ensure the whole team experiences a broader range of activities and ERPs, at the same time ensuring that there is adequate cross-training within the team to deliver an excellent service provision and business continuity.
Your main responsibilities as an Assistant Treasury Accountant will involve:
* Daily balancing of Foreign Exchange accounts
* Administration of foreign currency trades
* Uploading data to the treasury databases and ensuring data integrity
* B/S revaluations
* Cash settlements (Intra-co/Fx impact)
* Balance sheet reconciliations
* Preparation and processing of journals
* Adhoc reporting and support of review meetings
* Support continuous improvement
* Payment processing and release
* Support RPA
* Audit support (Internal/External/FCF)
* Self-assurance activities
* Query management
Skills and Qualifications Essential:
* High degree of numeracy
* An ability (and attitude) to learn and develop new skills
* An ability to work as part of a busy team
* Intermediate level Excel skills
* Attention to detail
* Experience of adhering to strict deadlines
* Experience of working in a customer service excellence environment
* Working knowledge of BAEERPs
* Studying towards accountancy qualification
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other