This position will have a mix of onsite vs remote working, which will be dependant on the stage of the project. Some weeks there may be a need to be onsite 5 days per week, at other stages you will be able to work remotely for a few weeks at a time.
The role is responsible for systems Verification and Validation Engineering activities to ensure conformance to the requirements and whether the system satisfies its intended use and user / customer needs.
This will include the preparation and delivery of test documentation, including Test Plans, Test Specifications, Test Reports and other associated test documentation for the integration of new or upgraded systems into the MoD infrastructure whilst ensuring they meet the relevant functional and safety requirements.
You will also be required to manage the acceptance of supplier test documentation. Review supplier test documentation (including witnessing supplier test activities) to ensure the delivered systems satisfies all requirements whilst maintaining project milestones.
- Provide input to the VCRM generation, agreeing requirements are verifiable, complete and have traceability. Support the maintenance of the VCRM in conjunction with the Requirements Team.
- Monitor and continuously assess current test practices and procedures and implement improvements and cost optimisation activities in consultation with the V&V Manager.
- Lead test review activities (TRR, TRM, etc.) and contribute to the project phase and engineering reviews.
- Reporting the status of V&V activities and the occurrence of any major events that may impact project objectives. Contribute to WP Reports and Metrics.
- Reviews of Test output are completed successfully in terms of quality & governance including clear demonstration of requirement traceability
- All stakeholders understand the test conduct, execution, and reporting during all phases of testing
- Test sign-off is accompanied by relevant analysis and metrics to support the decision
- Observations/Defects/Issues are identified early in the test lifecycle.
- Observations/Defects/Issues identified, tracked and managed as per the agreed defect process and reported to key stakeholders.
- Experience of testing ATM systems or safety related systems
- System Requirements Management
- Test assurance with real time safety critical systems
- Experience of integration testing and multi-systems testing
- Experience of working on MoD programmes is desirable
- Security Testing
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other