My Client is recruiting for a Project Manager in the Water Sector
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager experienced in successfully delivering schemes of varying sizes predominately to the Water Industry in sewage and clean water.
What you'll be doing day to day:
- Assuming responsibility for the management of project delivery outputs including programme, financial position, health safety, quality, environmental performance and progress for all allocated schemes.
- The ability to manage staff at varying levels, providing leadership, staff development and retention of key personnel.
- To have a good understanding of NEC 3 / NEC 4 contract conditions and an astute commercial awareness.
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered in accordance with current Health & Safety regulations, inc of CDM, & Environmental legislation.
- Review/assessment of in-house/subcontractor RAMS, Process Impact Assessments and Environmental legislation.
- To ensure compliance with all company safety, environmental and quality systems.
- Liaise with client's staff to ensure KPI's are met or exceeded within budget constraints
- To manage the project team ensuring that each member has a clear set of objectives. To develop and motivate all team members.
- To assist the Senior Leadership Team with the development of the direct labour resources.
- To assume responsibility of the financial performance of each project with overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
- To participate in monthly financial reviews for all schemes with the Contracts Manager, ensuring that each scheme has an accurate financial performance report.
- To ensure compliance with all company commercial and financial procedures.
- Complete Contractual Change Control documentation.
- Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
- Prepare estimates and quotations & provide tender vetting for others in line with company tendering and review process.
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions in line with client specifications.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- Attend site visits/meetings
- To ensure all contract documentation such as, "As built" drawings, Commissioning Manuals and Operation and Maintenance Manuals are prepared in line with the client specifications and company/client closeout timescales
Qualifications and Experience:
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
- H&S qualifications
- IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management (SMSTS),
- CSCS card
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Project
- Strong team player but also able to work as an individual
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Able to work in a busy environment under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face)
- Possess a "can do" attitude and provide to support to other members of the team as required
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other