Assistant Accountant Social Services needed in Hengoed paying £16.71 per hr PAYE Ref:5187567
This role is working full time hours on a temporary basis
- Responsibility for the day-to-day management of specified staff, offering advice on prioritising workload.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Social Services revenue budget calculations in line with corporate guidelines and timescales.
- Contribute towards the development of medium term financial plans for the Social Services Directorate by identifying cost pressures and potential efficiencies.
- Contribute to the closure of the Social Services revenue accounts in line with corporate guidelines and timescales.
- Contribute towards the maintenance of the financial accounts for the directorate.
- Produce regular budget monitoring information and to ensure that budget holders are aware of the implications of this information.
- Produce costings for service delivery options.
- Develop, implement and review systems which will assist budget holders to manage budgets effectively.
- Provide training in budgetary control techniques and systems.
- Provide advice on financial coding to ensure that all income and expenditure within social services can be identified to an appropriate budget.
Ideally candidates will have:
- An understanding of the purpose of financial codes
- An understanding of commitment accounting
- An understanding of accruals and prepayments
- Strong analytical skills
- Conversant with a variety of IT applications including Microsoft Excel and Word
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Accountancy