Our client is a global company with FY2021 net sales of 840 billion yen, is an industry leader providing high-quality, unique products in almost all advanced electronic fields, including semiconductor production equipment, computer systems, electronic parts and equipment for liquid crystal display production. They provide sales, service, training and support for a variety of products.
About the role:
A number of new positions has become available for a Field Service Engineers supporting Area3 (Ireland, UK, Benelux region). These positions will provide high quality service and installation support across a wide customer base within the region. This is an interesting and diverse customer base, therefore applicants should be customer focused and comfortable to work within a changing environment. This exciting and rewarding position offers a great opportunity for international travel. Successful candidates should ideally have gained experience on either Clean Track or Furnace tools but will receive full training as required to fulfil the role.
General requirements & expectations
- All employees are expected to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to company`s (Irish Branch) business requirements and carry out other work that falls within the scope of their abilities as requested. This is likely to involve visits to, or periods working at, any office.
- A positive Team-working approach and adherence to Safety Policies and Procedures is essential.
- A professional telephone manner, good level of interpersonal and self-presentation skills are pre-requisites.
- In support of our mission statement to deliver QUALITY, CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AND STAFF SATISFACTION, employees will be expected to support colleagues and management as required and to contribute ideas and suggestions in our search for CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT.
In addition to the above the other requirements of the role are:
- Experience with PLC's, embedded controllers and I/O handling systems including software instruction code analysis
- Experience of PC operating systems, PC hardware repair and PC performance optimisation
- Experienced safe working with low voltage mains, circuit wiring and power electronics
- Working knowledge gained through experience of electronic instruments, motor control, stepper motor linear drives, sensors, motion control and robotics test/debug and repair
- Equipment assembly and submodule integration, testing & fault-finding
- Experience setting up and calibrating semiconductor wafer handling robots
- Travelling to international customer sites for semiconductor tool service activities
- Travelling to international customer sites for semiconductor tool modifications, tool installations and tool relocations
- Degree in electrical engineering, electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, automation engineering or equivalent (fresh graduates can also apply)
- Automative experience or semiconductor experience – advantage
- Electrical/Mechanical/Trade Engineering – advantage
- Fresh graduates and experienced engineers can apply
Advantageous Supplementary Skills:
- Vacuum furnace experience
- Working in a cleanroom environment
- Working knowledge of superconducting & large permanent magnets
- Working handling cryogenic liquids
- Experience of new equipment commissioning and customer sign-off processes, or plant commissioning
***European travel may be required.
***Full training provided.
***EU passport required.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities