Ref No: 517657
Location - Oxfordshire
My client runs one of the leading science and innovation centres in the UK. The campus is significant with legacy utilities, drainage and above and below ground structures alongside the requirements for new utilities (including significant reinforcements of primary services and strategies for sustainable alternatives), drainage, roads and wider infrastructure to suit the regeneration and delivery of mixed use development.
With a momentum to delivery and realisation of the master plan and an accelerated programme for building construction, the Infrastructure Manager will support and provide technical advice to the Development and Construction team, which is responsible for developing the blueprint for the advancement of the Campus. The primary objective is to take responsibility of the management and delivery of on-site and off-site strategic infrastructure including utilities connections, diversions and reinforcement; site surveys, the assessment of site restraints and site clearance of below -ground obstructions; manage the design and delivery of highway and other access proposals; demolition, landscape; and supporting commercial development, amenity, residential and estates projects. In addition, the role will include the management and delivery of sustainability projects to enhance the campus.
Infrastructure Manager Package
Salary £60K - £80K DOE
Bonus max 35% - personal / company performance
Electric car leasing scheme
Infrastructure Manager Responsibilities
Ø Providing information to support Board reports and approval papers
Ø Assisting with preparation of budgets for identified projects, managing budgets, raising orders and providing budget updates to support Development appraisals and cost schedules
Ø Construction Reporting - Providing information to support Board reports and approval papers
Ø Sustainability - Input to infrastructure aspects of sustainability brief and strategy
Ø Utilities - Responsibility for identifying and mapping the existing utilities networks. Where needed developing capacity, prepare upgrade and connection studies with engineering teams and utility companies and produce delivery plans with all utilities, drainage and services providers.
Ø Land and Licensed Site - Liaison with licensed site on integrated infrastructure matters and where relevant to identified projects
Ø Estate Records - Updating and managing infrastructure record information and provision of same to assist development and estates
Ø Stakeholder Management - Assessment where required of infrastructure proposals on campus land for onsite stakeholders and utility companies
Ø Look for opportunities to maximise the site potentially including development of district and combined services proposal and utilisation of green technologies i.e. PV / Wind / Solar power generation and grey water management.
· Design Team - Input to design team selection on infrastructure projects
· Speculative Construction Projects - Establishing primary infrastructure connectivity and requirements for development zones including for land to be released from Licensed Site
· Demolition - Managing demolition projects
· Residential - Infrastructure support to residential projects
· Onsite Infrastructure - Management of onsite transport/highway proposals, access and connectivity, utility and drainage requirements
· Third Party Developments - Infrastructure monitoring of third party campus projects
· Contractors - Input to contractor selection
· Plot Preparation and Utilities - Managing all aspects of site investigations and projects for site clearance including engineering solutions to enable subsequent development and diversion/removal/improvement of services together with support to estates with street lighting and road repairs etc
· Infrastructure Construction - Managing all aspects of project design, procurement and construction phases for delivery of roads, car parks, access corridors etc
· Sustainability Project Delivery - on identified projects inputting infrastructure expertise to delivery of sustainability projects
· Technical Support on Property Matters - Advising on infrastructure defects and infrastructure proposals within Licence to Alter
· Signing off completed works
· A relevant degree and ideally affiliation to an industry institution (i.e. MICE)
Person Specification & Skills
· The Infrastructure Manager will have a proven track record of high quality project management of utility and civil project delivery. They will also ideally have strong experience of procuring utility projects including the legal process and requirements.
· They will have the ability to work independently, while possessing strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to motivate.
· The Infrastructure Manager will have good organisational skills ensuring thorough and detailed records are maintained and ideally be confident with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and other IT packages.
· Ideally the Infrastructure Manager will have an interest in the latest technologies and strive to adopt best practice and 'lead the field'. They will be willing to help and support others and ensure issues are dealt with
· promptly and thoroughly, obtaining feedback and striving for continuous improvement and opportunities to go the extra mile.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other