Laboratory Technician (Sunderland) – Permanent; Up to £21,189 - £23,432 (+ Shift Allowance)!
*Permanent secure opportunity!
*Opportunity to join a global organisation in a period of expansion, who recently announced some extremely exciting plans for the business!
Role of a Laboratory Technician:
The role of Laboratory Technician will involve chemical and dimensional testing using analytical equipment including HPLC, GC, XRF, SEM, Instron and microscope analysis.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all staff
- Stock Control including Audit and Order
- Analysis of data and technical reporting
- Carry out wet chemical testing
- Material testing – tensile, compression
- Cell and module dismantle with first level root cause
- First level electrical checks on modules and cells
- Routine review of supplier inspection reports and analysis against local testing
- Periodic manual handling tasks – gas cylinders and waste management
- Trending of test results, highlighting drift and investigating root cause
- Creation and/or Improvement of working documentation
- 5S of the Laboratory
Required Skills & Experience of a Laboratory Technician:
- Experience in a laboratory environment desirable
- HNC/HND in a scientific field preferred but not essential
- Analytical mind and good attention to detail
- Data management and record keeping skills (database and spreadsheets)
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Management
- Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
+ Shfit Allowance
- Industry Sector Manufacturing
Secondary School or equivalent