MY client is looking for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to join them in their HQ based in South Tyneside. The successful 2nd Line Support Engineer will will join their service desk team and be responsible for delivering technical solutions to a host of technical challenges whilst delivering customer service that is second to none.
The successful 2nd Line Support Engineer will have experience in Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V, Remote Desktop Services and Active Directory. The role also requires a good level of networking knowledge.
The 2nd Line support Engineer will be responsible for;
- Providing professional IT support and troubleshooting to clients via telephone and remote support.
- Accurate recording of time and following Incident management in our Service Management software
- Executing live changes to data and software in a controlled and authorised manner via approved change management procedures
- Suggesting technical and process improvements to colleagues and Managers and implementing them as directed
- Take responsibility and ownership of incidents and requests and escalating where required to relevant department
- Demonstrate documentation skills (reports, policies, procedures, workflows) as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
A high level of technical skills is essential for this role, with a good understanding of Networking, Microsoft products and Hardware.
- At least 2 years of experience working in similar role
- You must possess a full UK driving license and have suitable transport
- Fault finding and troubleshooting skills essential
- Good understanding of general MS Server, Virtualization, Storage and Networking technologies
- Good understanding of general network technology including WAN/LAN/WLAN
- Microsoft Server Qualifications
- Microsoft Cloud Certifications: Azure, 365
- Virtualization Platforms
- Strong troubleshooting ability
- Microsoft Azure Knowledge
Location and Working Arrangements
The position offered is based out of ITC Service’s Hebburn. The working hours are normally Monday to Friday, 08:00 – 17:00 with a 15-minute break in the morning, 30-minute lunch and 15-minute break in the afternoon. It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to accommodate changes to their working hours and be available to work weekends & evenings as required.
Hours of Work: 40 per week between Monday – Friday
In return my client offers a very competitive salary, 29 days annual leave and a good Company pension scheme
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet