The role of the Apprentice System Administrator is to monitor and support the external and internal IT infrastructure.
This will be achieved by utilising existing tools and software to monitor the health of internal and external network and recommending any developments/improvements necessary. Providing onsite and offsite IT support to employees and possibly visiting customers.
- Internal Network
- Proactively monitoring all servers usage levels and health. Ensuring optimum health.
- Provide technical support for hardware and software issues, Fault finding and repairing if possible, sourcing and providing replacement parts if required.
- Keep clear documentation of Hardware and software purchases including purchase dates, costs, licenses and where applicable destruction date.
- Setting up new computers and equipment, ensuring all relevant software and settings have been correctly applied/installed.
- Jira Server administration- troubleshooting and support for users. Developing or sourcing Improvements if required
- Identifying areas to automate where possible
- Windows update installation for servers and end users.
- VPN support
- Maintain Avaya telephone PBX switch and associated ISDN lines, arranging support with vendor if required
- Migration and setup of phones for new and existing staff
- External Network
- DNS and firewall configuration
- SSL installation and renewal
- HMail server ongoing configuration and support of emails for both customer websites and internal applications
- Silvershield SFTP ongoing configuration and support
- proactively monitor server usage and identify potential future issues using New Relic monitoring
- Adhere to all backup policies ensuring regular “housekeeping” of old backups
- Active directory maintenance and configuration
- Working with Vendors to plan improvements/expansion/migration
- Maintain PCI compliance
- Windows update installation
- Staff support
- Internal Active directory configuration and maintenance
- Azure active directory configuration and maintenance
- Office365 administration and support
- Windows 10 and 11 administration
- PTRG Monitor
- Windows server 2012 R2/2016 & 2019
- Silvershield SFTP
- Meraki Wifi AP
- Hmail server email server
- JIRA Server
- Avaya IPManager
Standard hours are 37.5 per week, Mon – Thurs 9am to 5.30pm, Friday is 9am to 4.15pm all with ¾ hour for lunch. Some flexibility around start and finish times.
Benefits - private car parking available, minimum of 20 days holiday per year plus BH’s increasing to 25 after 5 years, workplace pension, Annual Bonus, office based.
Salary - £18000 - £20000.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet