Managed Service Support Lead / Service Desk Lead
A specialist ServiceNow Sales, Services and Technology partner are offering several innovative solutions across the transport and technology industries. Founded by highly experienced Service Management and ServiceNow sales and delivery professionals, we have delivered solutions spanning nearly every aspect of the platform and become a leading partner in the ITSM and CSM space.
Our industry-leading delivery capability and Managed Service provide everything our clients need to design, deploy and manage ServiceNow applications that improve service quality and allow them to deliver a great customer experience. Essentially, we manage the entire platform day-to-day so our clients can focus on their business.
Due to the success of our Managed Service function, we are now looking for an enthusiastic service management professional with impeccable customer service skills to join us in adding value to our clients’ ServiceNow experience. This role will own the day to day customer relationships while delegating tasks and managing tasks within the service. The successful candidate will have a solid grounding in ServiceNow administration but with a preference to focus their career on service management.
- Team Management and Leadership Responsibility
- Management of tasks; including assignment and progression
- Acting as a point of escalation between our customers and the offshore and on shore managed service support teams, ensuring a high quality of service is delivered at all times
- Scoping of customer requirements
- Investigating and testing functionality on behalf of clients and discussing findings with them
- Reporting on queue status, pending activities and capacity requirements
- Release and upgrade management
- Technical knowledge transfer
- Ownership of knowledge articles including changes, updates, and version control
- Maintaining and updating skill set and keeping certifications up to date
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate will understand and have experience of the fundamentals of IT Service Management processes and will be keen to grow their knowledge in a collaborative project-based environment. They will be passionate about service management and will receive unlimited exposure to all aspects of the ServiceNow project lifecycle including solution consultancy, development and engagement management, becoming familiar with best practice in each area.
- ServiceNow administration
- ServiceNow configuration desirable
- v3 Foundation as a minimum
- Good all-round IT knowledge, including networking, Active Directory, Office 365 and, Azure
- Good knowledge of ITSM processes including request management, incident, problem & change
- Extensive queue and workload management experience
- Exposure to release-management processes
- Knowledge management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience communicating with senior management via email and telephone
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Confident working with data including running reports
- Good understanding of MS office, particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint
They will also receive full support and mentoring to reach their own career goals within the organisation, so this role would suit a professional whose passion lies in Service Management, Project Management or Engagement Management.
- Circa £35,000 to £40,000 dependent on experience
- Workplace pension contribution (4% employer contribution) (applicable after 3 months)
- Private healthcare
- 25 days annual leave
- Ongoing training and development (Certified ServiceNow Administrator pathway, sales, pre-sales and other training and mentoring as required)
- Career development, e.g. Service manager, Project Management, Engagement Management
- 50% office based in Surrey
- National travel to customer locations will be required
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet