My client are a leading electronics engineering and manufacturing company that are looking to add a Senior Embedded Software Developer to their R&D team. The Senior Embedded Software Developer will be responsible for embedded software development for the clients products and be an expert in software design using C, C++ and C# in an embedded Linux based system. The Senior Embedded Software Developer may come from the same role elsewhere or be an software engineer/firmware engineer/embedded software engineer looking to take a step up in their career.
You will design and develop software for electronic detection products and devices and assist in software development for future group company projects
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and develop software for fire control system equipment, ensuring the product meets the relevant fire and safety standards.
- Work closely with the hardware and software teams during the design and support stages of product development.
- Produce prototypes of designs where appropriate.
- Maintain and update designs and design documentation as required.
- Ensure that all aspects relevant to the tasks in hand relating to the product operation and usage are understood, thereby ensuring that products operate as required.
- Maintain efficient and effective records relating to designs and design modifications, including issue status.
- Keep abreast of new developments relating to system design including software tools and techniques.
- Act as Project Leader on design projects as required.
- Degree in an IT or Computer Science related field or a proven track record in system design and development.
- Previous Experience in a software design role, using C, C++ and C# in an embedded Linux based system. Working knowledge and experience with microcontrollers from 8 to 32 bit.
- Ability to work within a team structure and provide leadership where required.
- Proficiency using Linux and Windows based systems. IDEs, Eclipse, Visual Studio, C, C++, C#, serial communication protocols including RS232/RS485, USB, Networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP etc).
- Experience with communications systems.
- Experience with Windows application development.
- Understanding of Assembler, software techniques for power reduction, design for low-cost, high-volume manufacture.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet