Service Finance Officer needed in Wembley £14.64ph PAYE - Reference:5187566
This role will involve:
- To ensure that the NEG process for administration of the funding is implemented to a high standard across the service, reviewing and monitoring these continuously to ensure effectiveness at all times
- To liaise with other teams and agencies, ensuring effective methods are in place to communicate information about the NEG offer to parents, partners and other professionals
- To deputise for the sufficiency lead officer as required
- To complete data returns (eg to the DfE, DCLG and internal teams), ensuring these are timely and accurate and review systems for monitoring
- To be responsible for maintaining and uploading data and financial records accurately on to relevant systems, particularly ensuring that all children’s records are up to date on the database
- To carry out financial monitoring visits to NEG childcare providers, reviewing provider accounts and supporting documentation to ensure that there is clear accountability for public funding
- To ensure that all relevant paperwork relating to grant claims is sent to providers on time and within deadlines.
- To deliver training and briefing sessions to colleagues and partners as required
- To escalate emerging issues to the Head of Service as and when necessary
- To be responsible for ensuring that all financial transactions are inputted accurately and in a timely fashion and support the functions and works of the Head of Service.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Minimum of NVQ Business administration or post school qualification in the I/T field or equivalent
- Project management qualification e.g. Prince 2 or equivalent
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation pertaining to childcare and the provision of the free 2 year old childcare entitlement to ensure that all duties are met and sound professional advice can be offered
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Finance